Welcome to "Boschzicht", a stunning listed national heritage building which was thoroughly updated in 2017, a charming farmhouse situated on an open and sunny lot with a magnificent garden, enormous barn (120 sqm) and private parking.
The backyard looks out over the meadows, the side garden features a small apple orchard and a vegetable patch with an assortment of vegetables, herbs and flowers. The front garden features three historic screen linden trees which, together with the house, have been designated as a protected townscape. Recent renovations saw the restoration and preservation of the home's characteristic elements, such as the beamed ceilings, trusses and floor tiles and the renewal of the electrical wiring. Where feasible, roof, floor and wall insulation, underfloor heating and double glazing has been installed. The interior of the house has been completely repainted and the property is in excellent condition.
Residential: ca. 212 sqm
Further indoor: ca. 16 sqm (cellar)
External storage: ca. 120 sqm (barn)
Plot size: ca. 1,225 sqm
Ground floor/ cellar:
The front house has a spacious, bright living room with a tall ceiling, raised room, a cellar with the original brine bath where, in the old days, cheese was made. The rear house has been remodeled and is now a bright and expansive living area (ca. 50 sqm) with an open-plan kitchen with underfloor heating, a sitting area with the possibility for a (wood) burner and direct access to the back garden. There is also a new bathroom with a robust granite floor and the pantry would allow for easy conversion into an extra bedroom.
Upstairs, there are three bedrooms, a 2nd bathroom and generous storage. The floor of the master bedroom is fitted with extra insulation. This level features ample fitted storage space.
Front, side and back garden. There is always a sunny spot to be found. Harvest from your own vegetable patch and prepare a quintessentially organic 'haute cuisine' dinner.
* Listed national heritage property (Rijksmonument) from 1866, completely renovated and repainted in 2017
* Fabulous kitchen/ lounge with underfloor heating and possibility for a (wood) burner, adjacent to the garden
* Three, potential for four, bedrooms, two bathrooms
* Expansive plot with an orchard and vegetable patch
* Large barn (ca. 120 sqm) that can serve a multitude of purposes. The barn could use a little TLC.
* Ample on-lot parking
* Partial roof, wall and floor insulation in accordance with monument watch guidelines
* Steel roof structure, thatched roof maintained annually
* The fireplace in the living room is not currently connected to a chimney
* Optic fiber network is under construction. Costs: commencement and/or subscription fees in consultation with the supplier
* This house borders on Loenersloot, which has a Montessori (elementary) school
Boschzicht takes its name from its location, across the woodland garden of Loenersloot Castle on Angstel river. Berthing a small boat is tolerated out front, from where you have direct access to Angstel and Vecht rivers, Loosdrechtse Plassen and Vinkeveense Plassen lakes.
Baambrugge and Loenen both have beautiful, traditional town centers with a few shops for groceries, Abcoude (train station) is 6 km away. The community has an active sports club tradition. Excellent location relative to Amsterdam (ca. 15 min) Schiphol (20 min) and Utrecht (15 min) and frequent buses. Vinkeveense Plassen and its beaches are within 10 minutes' cycling distance. Perhaps Loenen is more your style - also a charming village with excellent restaurants, Vecht river, a few shops and countless sports amenities including golf, hockey, tennis, etc.